Friday, December 20, 2013

Time

It's funny how time can get away from you.

I've been meaning to put something on this blog for much too long, but I'm just getting around to it now.  Why?  I was waiting for the perfect moment.

Today (December 20) is my birthday.  On this day twenty-eight years ago my parents were living in a little house near Sunset Lake in Wildwood Crest, NJ.  The house's exterior walls had gaps to the outside where brisk bay winds regularly blew through the living room, and its electrical wiring should have been condemned.  I remember them telling me stories of relatives advising, "You know, you really shouldn't have a baby until you have this-much money in the bank...blah blah blah."  If they had waited for the "perfect" time to have a baby I might have never been born!



Waiting for things to be perfect only amounts to a more comfortable form of procrastination.  Blowing out the candles on this blog post, my 2014 wish is to do a better job listening to my intuition and seizing the opportunities around me--in both my races and my day-to-day life.

(...And if you're thinking, "Oh no he said it!  Now its not going to come true," you're wrong!  Blog birthday wishes are different than the kinds you make when you wish on a cake.  These wishes still work as long as you end it with a song.)





No comments:

Post a Comment